Thursday 20 June 2013

Born under a bad sign with a blue moon in your eyes

The problem, of course, is time. 

Time, and promises.

I have albums I want to review backing up - most notably Richard Hawley, The Staves, and Daft Punk - but not only can I not find the iPod they're on, even if I did, finding actual factual time to sit down, listen to them, and write up coherent - alright, semi-coherent - thoughts on them for the viewer's entertainment would prove problematic. 

Equally, I know that the Sundown Six was missing last week. Sorry 'bout that. I'll probably do a double this week to make up for it. 

Time, and promises, and access. 

Access is kind of the key, here; there's a lovely trail on 6 Music for - I think - Gilles Petersen, where he says that a large portion - maybe even all - of his waking hours are taken up by listening to music. 

Which is nice. No, really, it's nice. But in this sense I am currently not fulfilling my contractual obligations as a music blogger, because the only time I listen to music properly at the moment is in the car, and the only time I drive anywhere is when I absolutely have to, which means my exposure is more limited than I'd like. 

Of course, we've talked about this before, because in my father's house there are many sources; if it were not so, I would have told you. But I go not to prepare a place for you, because, frankly, you're probably more well-informed than I am. 

Le sigh. 

Seeking out the new and exciting feels more difficult, now, because it's like throwing a dart into a dartboard the size of the internet and hoping for the treble twenty. 

Doesn't mean you shouldn't throw the dart, though. 

Anyway. Sundown Sixes! Let's get caught up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment